Third accuser claims he was 16 when he met Kevin Clash on gay chat line
Kevin Clash, who resigned last week from television’s Sesame Street after 28 years, now faces accusations from a third man who claims the actor engaged in sexual misconduct with him when he was a teen.
The alleged victim, now 29, filed a lawsuit Tuesday (27 November) in Manhattan Federal Court as ‘John Doe’ and seeks unspecified damages. He claims his relationship with Clash began in 2000 when he was just 16.
‘Kevin Clash came John (Doe) alcohol and groomed him,’ the lawsuit states.
A spokesman for the actor told the New York Daily News: ‘Mr. Clash believes this lawsuit has no merit.’
This suit comes on the heels of a $5 million lawsuit filed last week in the same court by a man named Cecil Singleton who claims to have had a sexual relationship with Clash after they met on a gay telephone chat line in 2003.
The trouble for Clash began with allegations by a man named Sheldon Stephens, 23, who says he had a sexual relationship with Clash when he was just 16.
Stephens later recanted his allegations amid a reported settlement of $125,000 but has since said he wants to take back the recanting and stick to his original story.
The openly gay actor, best known for performing as Elmo but also did such characters as Baby Sinclair and Clifford.