LGBTI global news 24-7

Lohan: I did not attack club woman

Bisexual actress Lindsay Lohan claims she was at home so could not have assaulted a woman in a West Hollywood nightclub
Lindsay Lohan says she can't have assaulted a woman in West Hollywood as she was at home at the time.

Lindsay Lohan claims she was at home last week when she allegedly assaulted a woman at a West Hollywood nightclub.

The Mean Girls actress last month successfully completed the terms of her probation, which was initially set as punishment for a 2007 driving under the influence (DUI) conviction.

But now she has allegedly been involved in an altercation with another female during a night out last Thursday (5 April).

The woman filed a battery complaint on Saturday (7 April). The incident allegedly occurred at the Standard Hotel on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles.

Los Angeles County Sheriff's official Sergeant Chris Bowman said the validity of the complaint still needed to be investigated: ‘It's just an allegation. It's been received by our detectives.’

And Lohan's representative claims she wasn't present.

Steve Honig told E! News: ‘Lindsay was at home when this supposedly happened. There are so many holes in this story. At this point it's not a question of “Did it happen?” because we know it didn’t.’

Honig has previously questioned why the woman waited until Saturday to go to the sheriff department's at West Hollywood Station to file a complaint.

He said: ‘You have to wonder about someone who calls the media before the police.’

Lohan is still on informal probation relating to a misdemeanour theft last year and must not break any laws for the next 30 months.

Judge Stephanie Sautner had told her: ‘The only terms on that case are to obey all laws. It's not that hard.’

Comment on a news story