Gay Star News believes the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender world needs and deserves quality journalism. We founded GSN to provide that. And we know that quality goes hand-in-hand with an ethical, professional approach. We are always engaging, entertaining and fun but we don’t dumb down – that’s one of the reasons there is no sexual content or imagery on Gay Star News.
So we’ve invested heavily in experienced, professional journalists in all our offices around the world to make sure we produce honest, original work, rather than repeating rumor and speculation or just re-churning press releases like many of our competitors.
Delivering that isn’t easy. It’s much simpler to repeat rumor, re-churn press releases, speculate and then give in under pressure or cover up mistakes. But we want to be better than that and we believe in the principles we are trying to stick to.
Grand statements aside, we know there will be mistakes and wrong turns. When we get it wrong, we’ll say sorry and try our best to make amends.
Our journalists each have a detailed Gay Star News ethical and legal guide as well as our house style guide which gives them further advice on how to approach stories, tone and language. We’re not going to reproduce the whole thing here (you’d be bored). But here are the key promises we’re making for you:
- We will provide honest, accurate, ethical, balanced content.
- We will clearly separate fact from comment.
- We will present our content in an attractive, relevant, clear and easily digestible way in order to reach the widest possible audience.
- We will seek to highlight important LGBT stories from around the world which are currently being overlooked.
- We will promptly rectify any harmful inaccuracies, making sure corrections and apologies are given due prominence.
- We will not tolerate discrimination, ridicule, prejudice or hatred on the basis of sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, race, color, creed, illegitimacy, disability, marital status or any other bigoted grounds.
- We will protect confidential sources of information.
- We will maintain the highest professional standards at all times and only override usual working practices when it is in the overwhelming public interest.
- We will defend the principle of freedom of the press.
The advantages to our clients are obvious: All this builds our audience’s faith in us, so they trust our brand and trust the messages we spread about you. Because we provide quality, we reach a loyal, engaged, affluent readership which we can help you access.
And we give you access to the upper end of the LGBT market – the most affluent and diverse minority in the world – while avoiding the brand dangers of being associated with poor quality, highly sexualized content common in gay media. Instead, with GSN, you can be proud to be supporting a respected brand that grows in reach and influence every day.
Finally we are just as dedicated to quality and professionalism in our other work too so you can be sure that when you work with us, you’ll be supported by our dedicated client support team to help you deliver the results you need.
Get in touch with our sales team to learn more.
Find out more about us in this short GSN video: