Two men have been arrested on suspicion of raping a teenage boy in a Manchester’s Debenhams department store.
The 14-year-old told police he was marched by two men into Debenhams, where he was assaulted in the toilets in June.
Greater Manchester Police said the men, aged 55 and 41, were arrested last Friday (24 August) on suspicion of rape and remain in custody.
Two other men have been arrested and bailed pending further inquiries.
Police had earlier released CCTV images of suspects they were trying to trace.
When details of the attack were revealed on Tuesday, Manchester Central MP Tony Lloyd asked why there had been a two-month delay.
The teenager told police he was approached by two men, one Asian and one white, when he went to the toilets in the Arndale shopping centre on 2 June.
One of the men told him: ‘Come with us, do what we say and if you try to run we'll get you.’
The boy was abducted from the Arndale centre and taken to nearby Debenhams where he was raped by the Asian man, in the department store’s toilets.
Superintendent Stuart Ellison of the Greater Manchester Police said: ‘I want to extend a huge thank you to the overwhelming response we had from the public when we released two images of possible suspects earlier this week.
‘As a result of that information, we have made a number of arrests and the investigation is moving forward.
‘Should there be any further developments we will keep people informed.’