Gay Star News invites you to post comments in a number of areas of our sites. When using the comments areas, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
To report abuse
If you think that a comment that has been posted is offensive, unsuitable or has in some other way breached these terms and conditions, please email us at email@example.com with your name, a link to the comment and your reasons for objecting to it.
Queries will be addressed as soon as possible.
We retain the right and discretion (but not the obligation) to edit, delete, reject or remove any comment which you post or seek to post in the comments areas.
You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to reproduce and deal with any material you submit to us by all means whatsoever (including, without limitation, in print and electronic format).
We retain the right and discretion to terminate your access to the comments areas if we believe you are abusing the services in any way, or have breached these terms and conditions.
You consent to our collecting and storing your IP address for security purposes.
You will not post any material in the comments areas:
- which is not original work in which you own the copyright, or which in any way violates or infringes (or could reasonably be expected to violate or infringe) the copyright, registered trademark or intellectual property rights of another person;
- which is (or could reasonably be expected to be) obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent or otherwise illegal;
- which is (or could reasonably be expected to be) defamatory of any person, product or organization.
- which is (or could reasonably be expected to be) in contempt of court.
- which vilifies, incites violence or hatred, or is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others based on sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age or any physical or mental disability; or
- which you know or suspect (or ought reasonably to have known or suspected) to be false, misleading or deceptive.
- which recommends or advises actions or decisions which will (or could reasonably be expected to) expose those who follow such advice or recommendations to danger, loss, damage or misfortune.
You will not use the comments areas for the purpose of:
- advertising, promoting or soliciting any goods or services, or otherwise engaging in trade or commerce; or
- providing any financial advice, or advice of any kind in relation to any financial product.
The views which are expressed in the comments areas are not the views of Gay Star News Ltd, nor the views of any of our related entities, and we accept no liability in respect of any material posted in the comments areas, nor are we responsible for its content and accuracy.
Any reliance you place on material posted in the comments areas is done so at your own risk.
You agree to fully indemnify and hold harmless Gay Star News Ltd and its related entities against any liabilities, claims, costs, loss (including consequential loss) or damage suffered or caused by reason of your reliance on any material posted in the comments areas.
You agree to fully indemnify and hold harmless Gay Star News Ltd and its related entities against any liabilities, claims, costs, loss (including consequential loss) or damage incurred as a result of any material you post in the comments areas, or as a result of any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
Notwithstanding any indemnity provided by you under these terms and conditions, Gay Star News Ltd and/or its related entities retain the right to assume the conduct of any defense to a claim brought against them, and of any proceeding or appeal issued by them, and you agree to provide all reasonable cooperation (including by making available relevant documents) that Gay Star News Ltd and/or its related entities may require from you in relation to any such claim, proceeding or appeal.
These terms and conditions shall be construed and applied in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts to determine any matter or dispute which arises under these terms and conditions in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
About Gay Star News Ltd
Gay Star News Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Unit 2 Cedar Court, 1 Royal Oak Yard, London, SE1 3GA. Company registration number 7719609. These terms and conditions apply between you and Gay Star News Ltd.