Ireland will today make history as the first country in the world to put the legalization of gay marriage to public vote.
We won’t find out the result of the ballot until tomorrow [23 May], but in anticipation and support of our LGBTI friends on the Emerald Isle, we’ve picked 9 of the most gorgeous landscapes the country has to offer.
Happy gay marriage day, Ireland – and fingers crossed!
1. Newgrange by Brian Morrison [above]
2. Round tower and church at Glendalough, Co. Wicklow, by Christopher Hall [below]
3. Mullaghmore Head by Raymond Fogarty
4. Cliffs of Moher by Raymond Fogarty
5. Silver Strand by Raymond Fogarty
6. Distant Skelligs by Raymond Fogarty
7. Downpatrick Head by Raymond Fogarty
8. Slieve Bloom Walking Festival
9. Ring of Kerry
Pictures: Tourism Ireland