If you’re planning a visit to Asia, then one of the destinations that should be high on your list is Bangkok.
Thailand’s capital is a vibrant, bustling city that celebrates its history and culture while embracing the pace and energy of the modern world.
When to go
- Bangkok has a tropical monsoon climate and generally remains hot and humid throughout the year.
- The peak season for visitors to the city is between November and March.
- December to February are regarded as the cold months as the temperature drops a little in the evenings.
- The months of March, April and May are the hottest. This is also the time when Bangkok celebrates the Thai New Year.
- May to October: Regarded as Bangkok’s low season, this is a great time to visit the city as you can find some great deals, however be prepared for frequent bouts of heavy rain.
What to see and do
- The Grand Palace
- Spectacular temples
- Jim Thompson’s House
- Chatuchak Weekend Market.
- Calypso Cabaret show
- The Heritage: A 4-star hotel within walking distance of the gay nightlife of Bangkok.
- Nantra Silom: A 3-star hotel that’s in a great location and offers excellent value for money.
- Pinnacle Lumpinee Park: A popular choice for gay visitors to hotel, this 3.5 star property is close to Babylon sauna.
- SO Sofitel Bangkok: Undoubtedly one of the city’s gay hot-spots.
This article has been produced on an editorially independent basis. It contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a booking, Gay Star News will receive monetary compensation.