Britain’s favorite gay play, Beautiful Thing, will return in 2015 for an 18-week UK tour.
The urban love story of two London teens realizing their sexuality has won millions of hearts since it was written by Jonathan Harvey in the early 1990s and was turned into a film in 1996.
The comedy-drama remains relevant as ever as a story of first love and coming out as a gay teenager.
Multi-award winning actress Charlie Brooks, best known for her role as Janine Butcher in EastEnders, will lead the cast as Sandra. She will be joined by Thomas Law, who has played Peter Beale in EastEnders, as Ste and Sam Jackson, from Skins and Drifters, as Jamie.
Director Nikolai Foster said: ‘Beautiful Thing empowers everybody who sees it. I’m honored to be revisiting Jonathan’s exceptional play once again, this time bringing it to towns and cities across the UK, where I know it will make a positive difference to many lives.’
Executive producer Tom O’Connell said the tour will take the play to cities and theaters it hasn’t been seen before and promised ‘new elements added to the show… will have audiences smiling all the way home’.
2015 tour dates:
- Canterbury, Marlowe Theatre: 23 – 24 March
- Birmingham, Hippodrome, The Patrick Centre: 30 March – 11 April
- Manchester, Quays Studio, Lowry, Salford, 13 – 18 April
- Nottingham, Playhouse, 20 April – 9 May
- Leicester, Curve Studio, 25 – 30 May
- Cardiff, New Theatre, 13 – 18 July
- Brighton, Theatre Royal, 20 – 25 July
- Further dates and season in London’s West End to be announced