Following the camp-fest of semi-final one on Tuesday, the line-up for the 57thEurovision Final on Saturday is complete after another 10 countries qualified in the second semi-final tonight (24 May).
Our favorites from semi-final two were:
- Netherlands: When Joan Franka entered the stage armed with a guitar and displaying a Native American headdress one could only fear the worst. But with an assured casualness and charm she lured us into her story of being a childhood love, playing ‘Indians’ with her then boyfriend. It sadly wasn’t enough, as Netherlands endure another year of heartache, failing to qualify for eight years in a row.
- Ukraine: Gaitana appeared with hair accessories, a string of flowers in her hair as she confidently invited us to ‘Be My Guest’ referring to the upcoming European Football Championships in June to be held in Ukraine and Poland. This song is the official theme for the tournament and will have both soccer and Eurovision fans up on their feet dancing.
- Sweden: The fans overwhelming favorite going into the competition, Loreen retained her air of mystery on stage delivering a perfect piece of electronic pop music. The falling snow on stage towards the end of the performance kept the dark atmosphere going until the end. She will surely be a top contender for the Eurovision crown of 2012.
- Lithuania: Donny took the theme of his tune Love is Blind – literally as he emerged in a glittery blindfold only to rip it off as his ballad erupts in full uptempo disco. Donny is cute and easy on the eyes so we were glad when qualified for the final so we get another chance to see him on Saturday!
The qualifying countries from semi-final two are:
- Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
They will join the 10 qualifiers from Tuesday (22 May) along with Azerbaijan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom in Saturday’s Grand Final.
Let us know what you think of any of the songs and performances from semi-final two and who you now predict will win on Saturday night.