Gay Star News is looking for a freelance news reporter based anywhere in the Americas to join our global team.
You can be based anywhere from Alaska to Washington DC, from Brazil to Uruguay, we’d love to hear from you.
The news reporter will be responsible for the sourcing, researching and publishing of news stories suitable for GSN’s global audience.
Gay Star News is a leading LGBTI news, entertainment and lifestyle source.
Our work is regularly covered by other outlets and we have won several awards. We are looking for a news reporter to take Gay Star News to the next level.
We’re seeking an ambitious and determined journalist to join the team covering news and investigations.
This is a home-based freelance position. It would suit someone looking to supplement their income and portfolio with occasional weekday or weekend shifts. Shifts will likely be, at least at first, covering vacations and sick days.
There may also be an opportunity to expand the role in the future.
You will need a computer or laptop, a phone, and have access to reliable internet.
We offer enviable perks in the industry, such as in-house training in media law and journalism.
- Ideally, you will have a relevant qualification in journalism.
- Ideally, at least six months experience working in news.
- A willingness to be flexible and available.
- A passion for news-writing.
- Ability to use picture editing software.
- Confidence in using social media.
- An understanding of the target audience of Gay Star News.
- An ability to manage time and resources in order to deliver original content with agreed deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- A willingness to expand their contact list.
- Content produced in English. However, knowledge of other languages is desirable.
Start date is ASAP
Feel free to get in touch to discuss the role further. To apply for the role, please send your resume, a cover letter, and an example of previous work to Joe Morgan, the News Editor, at [email protected]