Kehlani recently announced that she paired with Fashion Nova to donate $50,000 to various LGBTQ organizations across the United States.
She posted on Twitter and Instagram about the groups she chose — all centered around LGBTQ youth.
partnered with fashionnova to give 50,000$ to LGBT centers across america. THAT is what i’m most proud of this year. here’s some of the centers, they’ll all be on IG ☺️🙏🏽 pic.twitter.com/GjkfhBOzMW
— Kehlani (@Kehlani) April 29, 2018
She called this act of charity the thing she’s ‘most proud of this year’. Every group gets $5,000.
Here are some of the groups she’s donating to:
- Boston GLASS (Gay & Lesbian Adolescent Social Services) at the Justice Resource Institute: Provides services to LGBTQ youth of color and their allies.
- Reclaim Center: They provide mental health care for queer and trans youth. They’re putting the money towards a therapy program for youth who can’t afford healthcare.
- Oasis Center: A program in Nashville, Tennessee also dedicated to LGBTQ youth.
- Ruth Ellis Center: A Detroit-based service helping runaway, homeless, and at-risk LGBTQ youth.
- Metro Wellness: A program in Florida for LGBTQ youth, offering things like SAFE Nights every Friday and Saturday.
- HMI-NJ: The Hetrick-Martin Institute of New Jersey offers free services to LGBTQ youth and allies.
Every group got a massive pink check from Kehlani and Fashion Nova. This is the Boston GLASS team with their check.
Using a platform for good
Fans, who recently helped Kehlani understand what certain LGBTQ terms mean, praised her for her generosity.
Some specifically said that using her platform for good is an admirable thing.
Seriously sis. The way you use your platform and then on top of that to have such talent… this community is so lucky to count you among us; such a force of good. ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
— Ξvan Ross Katz (@evanrosskatz) April 29, 2018
shoutout someone using their platform for good positive changes and contributions lov u
— syd (@p05terboy) April 29, 2018
She’s inspiring people across the community.
the fact that it hasn’t even been half a year yet you’ve done soooo fucking much already means so much to me. you’re incredible and i’m so glad to you’re someone i’m able to look up to. thank you for doing this.
— sandy (@burysafriend) April 30, 2018