Thinking about going to Madrid Pride this year?
Here’s our quick-fire guide:
When to go
- Madrid is hosting World Pride in 2017.
- Activities will be held from 23 June to 2 July.
- The main parade will be held on Saturday 1 July.
Why experience Pride in Madrid
- It’s one of Europe’s biggest Pride celebrations – around three million people are expected to take part in the 2017 event.
- If you like to enjoy the sunshine, party in the street, and party all night, then you’ll love immersing yourself in the energy of the Spanish capital – the city embraces this major event.
The focus of the Pride festival is the Chueca neighborhood – Madrid’s gay village.
- Hostal Puerta del Sol: Great location on the vibrant Puerta del Sol square.
- Hotel Atlántico: Situated on Madrid’s iconic avenue Gran Via.
- Lusso Infantas: Located on calle de las Infantas, surrounded by great bars and restaurants.
- Petit Palace Ducal: Close to the Gran Via metro station, always a popular choice for visitors to the city.
- Room Mate Óscar: Overlooks Chueca plaza and boasts a roof-top bar.
It’s pretty simple – you’re going to need shorts, speedos, and sunglasses. Read our full guide for a more in-depth analysis.
This article has been produced on an editorially independent basis. It contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a booking or purchase, Gay Star News will receive monetary compensation.