Deadpool is coming out this week internationally, and according to Ryan Reynolds and director Tim Miller, it will be the first comic book film starring a pansexual superhero.
So what better time to look back on some of the character’s most homoerotic moments from comic book history?
1. Whenever Deadpool and Spiderman get together, you know it’s going to get flirtatious.
2. But he doesn’t limit himself to just one guy…
3. Like Cable is in his sights…
4. Mr Vetis….
5. And even Rob Lowe.
6. He doesn’t mind being the damsel in distress once in awhile.
7. But is happy to do the saving – no matter what it takes.
8. He’s always good with a compliment.
9. All kinds of compliments.
10. And he’s very honest about his turn-ons.
11. Even if it’s killing a bunch of people.
12. So while Deadpool likes making people uncomfortable with his flirty nature…
13. He does get what he wants – most of the time.
14. And while he might flirt with anything with a heartbeat…
15. He doesn’t particularly mind if the target is gay…
16. Or straight.
17. Just as long as he gets to flirt.
(That last one, admittedly, isn’t an actual Marvel image but it’s too perfect to not include).
Deadpool is released on 10 February.